GLib Reference Manual
GLib Core Application Support
The Main Event Loop
- manages all available sources of events.
- thread abstraction; including threads, different mutexes, conditions and thread private data.
- pools of threads to execute work concurrently.
- asynchronous communication between threads.
Dynamic Loading of Modules
- portable method for dynamically loading 'plug-ins'.
- general memory-handling.
- portable support for using files, pipes and sockets.
- a system for reporting errors.
Message Output and Debugging Functions
- functions to output messages and help debug applications.
- versatile support for logging messages with different levels of importance.
<< Atomic Operations
The Main Event Loop >>